It may be necessary to add an inbound firewall rule.
- Navigate to Windows Firewall Advanced Settings, and then Inbound Rules
- Create a new rule and set the Rule Type to "Port"
- For Protocol and Ports, select "TCP" and a specific local port of 514
- For Action, select "Allow the connection"
- For Profile, apply to "Domain", "Private", and "Public"
- Set a name to easily identify rule, such as "Allow Syslog Inbound Connections to 514 TCP"
A port which the agent will listen for tcp messages.
Adds the specified 'Type' as a label to each log message.
Users can configure dashboards using visualizations. More information can be found on our visualizations and dashboards page.
For more information on the advanced configuration capabilities, see our detailed plugin guide here.
Updated 12 months ago